First of all: http://youtu.be/-7H5kjmtLF0
You are welcome.
Second of all, I became Aunt Maddie x12 late last night when our newest nephew was born! Eee! I've been lucky enough to FEEL like Aunt Maddie since Day 1 with Jeff's nieces and nephews to be honest, because that's just the welcoming kind of family they are; but this baby is pretty special because he's the first one I can actually CALL my nephew upon his arrival. Up until we got married last year, I considered all the kids my nieces/nephews by proxy...simply because I love them to bits, and also because I tend to elbow Jeff out of the way in the hospital so I can be first to hold the new baby. Fave Aunt Status 4 LYFE. How it's done.
But now I'm officially Aunt Maddie, even though I don't think I've ever been called that. They prefer to call me just "Maddie" or "Hey" or "Stop stealing my Rainbow Loom bracelets."
A few fun things for your Monday:
- Jeff and I did something reeeeeeeeally neat this weekend, despite being deathly ill. I can't tell you any more right now, but will soon. Probably. I knowwwww, sorry, but it's fun, yay!
- I started a new board on Pinterest called What I Love and it's all stuff that makes me happy. And then I started thinking about how it's funny that a Pinterest board makes me happy, and what kind of a life am I living where the Internet makes me happy, and I need to start doing more fulfilling things and DOWNWARD SPIRAL but then I pinned some stuff and felt better.
- I'm finishing up a book called Me Before You by Jojo Meyers and it is goooood you guys. Good. I started reading it and it was one of those things where I thought, Well this is a lovely story and I like the characters but how the hell are they going to make this a 300 page novel? and then I got to THAT PART and it was like OOOOH DAAAAAAMN. I like it.
- The weather around here is finally starting to be not quite as schizophrenic as November-March and I'm loving it. There's a high of 72 on Wednesday and I'm so excited I could pee my pants. The problem is, I am an adult with a job, and at said job they encourage coming in to the office and working, not so much laying on your deck drinking a Mai Tai at 2 in the afternoon. I know right? Rude. (JK, don't fire me)
- In case you needed an excuse to love coffee more (you don't, but...):
Caribou Coffee won the weekend. #BouPhone #icanteven
Interactions like that make me a fan for life. Starbucks who?
Also, WHEN DID EMOTICONS BECOME A THING ON THE TWITTER?!
My work here is done.